Networking

The Apple Story -Part2

The Apple Story -Part 2



Apple Story Continues. Read Part 1 First.




The spectacular thing that revolutionized the world and not just world of IT was the graphical display unit of the computer. 

Everybody was excited and the reason I got interested to computers was that I started playing Atari games.  The game was really exciting and cool. Though place was not in USA bit in Middle East.

Games like:

Infiltrate

Asteroids

Combat

Return of the Jedi

Pac Man

This created excitement and played four hours. Atari was not the 1st game I played actually it was Nintendo’s Game and Watch. I think got at as a gift from who, cannot remember in early 1980s. But it was really fun. This is the same interest Steve Jobs might have felt when he with his friend Steve Wozniak was developing the Apple.

Steve Jobs says:

“You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out.”

― Steve Jobs”


In Asia, Apple was not heard of much. I heard about Apple or Macintosh in 1986 and it was more expensive about 6.25 times price of an IBM PC-XT. There was IBM PC-AT which was three times less.  Computers were for people who worked with computers or in IT department. It was not a toy or to be used for fun but to do something important! Only ad I can remember was Think Different! In Time Magazine or Newsweek. Apple also had an operating system built with it. One of my school friends introduced me to Windows, I asked, the year was1988. He said it is an operating system like DOS.  I knew DOS because you need it to control your PC. I also played a game called: Flight Simulator or to be exact Microsoft Flight Simulator. I did not realize name of Microsoft except after 25 years. The friend went study computer science in USA and so did I. There was no Internet in 1987 but heard about it from my friend. What I regret is the story of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates was not available to me then! May be me with the friend would have made the next great innovation. The zeal and interest were there.

I learned when I was 14..:

Dbase IV-1980’s database in 1987 and was quite good with the queries.

Word Star.

Lotus -spreadsheets, did not understand much.

My advice would if your child is interested in computers help him along this path

By say:

Getting books of success story

Computer or Electronics kits.




About 20 years ago I heard something like Bill Gates got the idea of Graphics interface for windows from Apple.

This what happened:

Steve Jobs in early 1980’s flies to Washington trying to get Bill Gates make Microsoft software for the Apple. His attitude did not impress Bill Gates.

According to Bill Gates (later on said):


"It was kind of a weird seduction visit where Steve was saying we don't really need you and we're doing this great thing, and it's under the cover. He's in his Steve Jobs sales mode, but kind of the sales mode that also says, 'I don't need you, but I might let you be involved,'


One thing you can say looking at the young gentlemen’s pictures of the two Founders are as follows:

Steve Jobs- He looks handsome, stylish and proud.

Bill Gates looking a studious businessman thinking of a strategy or something.



Bill Gates was a Macintosh developer so being invited by Steve Jobs to develop productivity Software in Macintosh.  This was really interesting and attractive offer from Apple.  Marketing is an important factor in the race between Apple and Microsoft. Bill Gates did study in Harvard though he did not graduate from there. But absorbed enough to make lots of money with it.


Micromax In Note 1 Pro was recently spotted on Geekbench, further attesting to the claims of an imminent launch. The phone is listed on the benchmarking site with the model number E7748 and it leaks key specifications of the phone. The handset is tipped to be powered by the MediaTek MT6785 SoC, which could be the MediaTek Helio G90 chipset. In addition, Micromax In Note 1 Pro is listed to pack 4GB RAM and run on the dated Android 10 operating system. On Geekbench, Micromax In Note 1 Pro achieved a single-core score of 519 and a multi-core score of 1,673. It is likely that Micromax will launch the phone with Android 11 software in the market.


____________________________________________________________________

Earlier posted in techkhala.com. Reprinted with permission.


Follow us in Facebook




About Techno Edu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment